A smartwatch really smart… or really useless? This is the question that will probably put them all when I will present the project Androidly: let’s talk once again of a smartwatch, born from a small startup in New Delhi (India), whose idea is somewhat unique.
Androidly, in fact, is a smartwatch weblog Android … but has an extra gear: the watch, it will be able to use all the features offered by any Android phone, including calls and messages. Are you wondering if you can make calls using your watch? Well, with Androidly you can do it through the headset and microphone and/or a bluetooth headset. According to reports posted on the official website, Androidly smartwatch will allow you to use:
- the Android operating system;
- the phone features (calls, sms, VoIP);
- the camera;
- the GPS;
- the bluetooth;
- the ability to install apps from Google Play;
- the Wireless connectivity.
On the official site for Android smartwatch, there is no information particular hardware configuration (something like a 400 MHz processor and 512 MB of RAM), or on the date of marketing nor on price, which according to rumors should be around $250. And if the first reaction may be “Wow!”, reasoning one moment you might ask a few questions:
- will Android to provide a decent user experience on a display size extra small (according to what appeared on the official website on the smartwatch seems to be great just under an inch)?
- users will like talking on the phone placing the wrist before ear (integrated headset) and then the mouth (on the MIC), if your bluetooth headset should die or be forgotten?
- users work on their wrist for taking pictures?
It’s right by answering these questions you will understand if for you the Androidly project is extremely clever or hopelessly doomed to fail: will ever this smartwatch replace a smartphone? We, of course, we want to know what you think.
Androidly Puts a Smartphone on Your Wrist
Teenager beats tech giants to launch world’s first smart …
Androidly Smartwatch: GPS, Kamera & Phone
inDigi Universal Bluetooth SmartWatch For Apple iOS …
Almost every major consumer electronics manufacturer is …
Androidly is a $229 smartphone for your wrist
Androidly, smartphone sau smartwatch?
Despite discouragement from naysayers, this Patna boy …
Omate Smartwatch Might Replace Low-End Smartphones
Wearable Tech | CrunchWear
Androidly Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Android …
13 Smartwatches Even Dick Tracy Would Be Jealous Of (list …
Another crowd-funded smartwatch is on the way
LG Exec Reveals the Future
Your call: Androidly is either a big Android smartwatch or …
Bluetooth Sport Watch