Being late once or twice is something that happens to most of us, but some people turn up on a feature-and a reason why his colleagues and partners don’t want to depend on them, or acting together.
Change a habit or a characteristic is rarely easy, but the first step of the process of change is to recognize that there is a problem. This applies to overweight problems, alcoholism, sedentary lifestyle, addictions in General, and also for the habit of late.
If you are late on a daily basis for more than a commitment to meet some commitments you invariably let others on hand, if any of your usual commitments you consistently arrives well after the other participants give up you wait, it may be time to change anything in their habits.
Even if you are in a position of authority in any of his partners could question your tardiness, leaving them waiting is not efficient, and even contributes to the continued maintenance of this your position.
Some tips to stop your constant delays
- Pass to have an agenda -and record it all its commitments. If you can, use some sort of electronic scheduling that can remind you of appointments automatically sufficiently in advance so that you can serve them. The schedule also prevents you select 2 appointments at the same time. But it is only effective if you actually schedule all your appointments, and if you consult it throughout the day-otherwise, it’s just a waste of time and source of stress.
- Don’t be optimistic about their schedules. Consider the travel time, among its commitments, to estimate correctly the length of them, and enter some time not to collapse the entire structure if the traffic is difficult, or if the Director decide to do a keynote address that had not been planned. Plan to arrive at the scene of each appointment 15 minutes before your start, not 15 minutes later, as you have done.
- Be comfortable to speak the necessary. If you need to, practice and rehearse. Are simple sentences, but often it’s hard to say “Unfortunately I can’t schedule, I have another appointment at the same time, can we reschedule?” or “I’m afraid I have another appointment right now, and this one had not been scheduled for this time. We can summarize now? Otherwise, I apologize but I will need to go away. ” Of course, in certain situations you may not use any of these phrases, and is made to accept the delay situation. This depends on your common sense, and in these cases the delay is not a chronic problem, but rather a condition outside of your control.
- Always identify priorities. In case of any clash between 2 appointments, accept no schedule that it is not a priority, or adjust his schedule. If you do not have control over the priorities in your work, talk to the person that the sets and look for a solution. If the organization doesn’t care to schedule you for an appointment at the same time, in fact it’s not worth keep stressing about it, as well as probably not worth continuing working for her in the long run, since these delays reflect on you, and not only on the organization.
- Find more time. Wake up early, arrive early, optimize their routes, to delegate some tasks, and seek greater efficiency in others.
- Take action before it is too late. If you noticed now that you won’t be able to be on time for the lunch meeting scheduled for tomorrow, call now for your partner, be sure to try to resolve in time. Rebooking in advance, it can fit. If you are in a meeting that lasted beyond the appointment and she knows that she will have another in another building before this is over, apologize and withdraw in time to get to the next-don’t let delays accumulate in Domino effect. If you have authority for this, or if the conclusion of the meeting depend on your participation, try taking this prolonged meeting an immediate summarization in order to finish it in time to go to the next appointment without leaving your unfinished task.
- Take its decisions. Schedule multiple appointments for the same time can be a sign of inability to make and keep decisions. If your child will be making a presentation at school and it’s important that you’re there, schedule it properly. If necessary, enter into agreement in advance with your boss about how to deal with this absence from work. Once the deal closed, do not accept any other schedule for the same time and leave the time! When you not assume its commitments, pass an image of disorganization and disrespect the people who leave you waiting.
Of course these tips not exhaust the subject, but now it’s your turn: How do you prevent your delays?
22 Bewitching Items All Harry Potter Fans Will Love …
How To Make a Giant Wall Clock
12 o’clock Footage #page 4
40 Cool Wall Clocks For Any Room Of The House
G.Kuss and Sons Wall clock Large images
Louis XV Tortoiseshell Cartel Clock. Period ca. 1760 …
The 25+ best Desktop clock ideas on Pinterest
Southwest Lizard Design Thermometer
Old Antique SESSIONS Dark Oak CALENDAR WALL CLOCK w/ Key …
Vintage Starburst Sunburst Atomic Eames Era MCM Wall Clock …
German Shorthaired Pointer Silhouette Wall Clock #215
Rectangular Wood Wall Clock
Benjamin Michael 962AD Clock
The House with a Clock in Its Walls
Betsey Clark Wall Clock Vintage 1970s Girls Room Kids …
Koi Wall — Sadna Kumbhani
Jacks Old Fashioned Game with Cloth Pouch at Retro Planet
"Seppuku ( Hara Kiri) The liberation of the spirit of the …
Silhouette Design Store
Seiko Musical Motion Wall Clocks — Home Designs Insight …